I made fudge earlier this week. The first batch turned out ok, but the second was better. The only difference was how I handled the temperature control. I let the first batch cool down too much before stirring which resulted in the need for a lot of upper body strength to actually stir the stuff. Both batches were fun to make.
I finally ordered the parts for the R50 last week. New bearings, seals and gaskets all round. I also included a new rear main bearing holder since mine was borderline and it's the single hardest part to replace in the entire bike so I might as well do it now. Next weekend should see the bottom end going back together. Then I need to figure out what to do with the top end.