?

Log in

No account? Create an account

April 4th, 2009

Apr. 4th, 2009

gordonmessmer and I managed to remember to take pictures of the crank before we re-installed it. It's not much different, just a bit cleaner. It's most noticeable on the rods:

Yesterday I took the cylinders into a local shop, but they don't do the kind of blasting I need, nor the painting. Instead they referred me to a one of their sister companies that does. I'll have to find time to get out there during business hours. Maybe one morning next week.

Last night I packed up the final drive to ship out for a bearing replacement and re-shimming. I dropped it off at the post office after work today. Hopefully it won't be gone long.

I also mostly closed up the bottom end last night. I've still got to pound the oil pan back into shape but otherwise it's all back together. It looks like this again:


Next up for tearing apart is the transmission. I'm also going to have the heads cleaned up and reworked, but that's not something that I can do myself. I'm hoping to talk to an expert about it this weekend.