The plan was to cut it up and pound the bits back into shape, and then bolt the frame back together. After a couple of hours of drilling and dremel work I didn't seem to be getting very far so I wrapped a piece of strapping around opposite corners and winched it back into square. I pounded out the more egregious dents with a hammer generally tried to clean it up a bit. It's pretty solid now, but I'm going to get some bolts and drill a few more sets of holes to make sure that it stays the shape that it is now.
I also got a new DV Cam. A Canon Elura 50. It's small and shiny, just like a good gadget should be. It was something like 60% off so I'm going to sell my recently purchased Canon ZR 60 and consider this to be an upgrade. :D